1. Purpose. To inform members of the U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD) Regiment of the Historical Uniform Program. The Commander of the AMEDD Regiment sponsors the historical uniform loan program which enables medical units to obtain various period uniforms for use during military ceremonies and events. Commanders may request the Office of the AMEDD Regiment arrange for the delivery of historical uniforms to the desired location.
2. Availability of uniforms. Historical uniforms are available to all Active, Reserve, and National Guard medical activities within the AMEDD Regiment. Requests should be submitted as soon as an event is scheduled to ensure availability. The requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Not all historical periods are represented, so requesting units should contact the Regimental Office for specific details. As a guidline, the following periods are usually available:
- Revolutionary War
- Civil War
- Indian War
- Spanish-American War (when available)
- World War I
- World War II
- Korean War
- Vietnam War
- Desert Storm
3. Submitting requests. Requests should be made via email to the Regimental office at Regimental Administrative Officer
The following information must be provided:
- Point of contact--name and rank.
- Building location--building number, room number, street address.
- City, state, and zip code.
- Commercial telephone number.
- Type of event (e.g., Dining-In).
- Date of the event.
4. Handling of the uniforms. Uniforms will be mailed to the specified location via overnight mail to ensure accountability at all times. The requesting unit is required to return uniforms by overnight mail the first working day following the scheduled event. The inventory is comprised of both authentic and reproduction clothing, foot/headgear, rank/branch insignia and other accouterments. Uniforms must not be cleaned by the requesting unit, however if the uniforms are damaged, lost, a report of survey must be submitted.